To make this marmalade I used:
8 cups chopped lemons (about 12-15 lemons)6 cups cane sugar
6 cups water
2 packets liquid pectin (6 ounces)...but probably need 1 6oz packet or none at all.
- Remove as pith from the lemon rind as possible and remove the seeds.
- Boil the fruit with the water until around 200 degrees. If you see any seed float to the top, just skim them out.
- Then add the pectin and sugar until 218-220 degrees.
- I had only planned on using one packet of pectin, but I couldn’t get it to set when doing the “plate” test. The plate test is when you freeze plates, pour a little jelly on them, and see if it wrinkles. If it wrinkles…it’s done.
- Sterilize your jars (I used jelly jars and this made 10 jars).
- I think next time I will either omit the pectin or just use 1 packet. I like mine runny and this came out sort of like thick jam. Took about 3 hours total including prepping the lemons, but not including the decorating of the jars which my 6 year old helped with.