Friday, November 12, 2010

Thankful Banner - 1st Online Cricut Class - Country Life Cricut Cartridge

Here's the banner I made from the first Cricut online class - I substituted a lot of items and colors so that I could make use of the stash I already had.  That class was really hard to follow because I couldn't see the gypsy screen, but I got the general idea and finished it up myself. 

Instructions:
I cut the banner triangle from the Country Life cricut cartridge at 5 1/2".  It's great because you can fit 6 on one page.  I cut 3 first, then I flipped the image and cut the remaining 3 to make use of the paper.  Yes - I have tons of extra banners lying around now...but they will be put to good use for sure.  
I glued one banner to another banner that was "flipped" so that I could make this double sided, even though I didn't need to.
The paper was DCWV autumn pack that I recently got on Joanns.com for around $4 for 180 sheets ( super cheap!).
The scallops are cut from Easter 2010 cartridge at 1 1/2 ".
I inked the edges of the scallop in red using my Stampin Up red ink pad.
The lettering is cut from Storybook cartridge at 1 1/2".
I glued them all together and threaded Ofray ribbon through the holes.
I added a dew drop to the bottom of the banner to give it some dimension and weight.