Friday, November 12, 2010

Thankful Banner - 1st Online Cricut Class - Country Life Cricut Cartridge

Here's the banner I made from the first Cricut online class - I substituted a lot of items and colors so that I could make use of the stash I already had.  That class was really hard to follow because I couldn't see the gypsy screen, but I got the general idea and finished it up myself. 

Instructions:
I cut the banner triangle from the Country Life cricut cartridge at 5 1/2".  It's great because you can fit 6 on one page.  I cut 3 first, then I flipped the image and cut the remaining 3 to make use of the paper.  Yes - I have tons of extra banners lying around now...but they will be put to good use for sure.  
I glued one banner to another banner that was "flipped" so that I could make this double sided, even though I didn't need to.
The paper was DCWV autumn pack that I recently got on Joanns.com for around $4 for 180 sheets ( super cheap!).
The scallops are cut from Easter 2010 cartridge at 1 1/2 ".
I inked the edges of the scallop in red using my Stampin Up red ink pad.
The lettering is cut from Storybook cartridge at 1 1/2".
I glued them all together and threaded Ofray ribbon through the holes.
I added a dew drop to the bottom of the banner to give it some dimension and weight.


4 comments:

  1. Thank you. I wasn't able to sign up for the class and your direction are very clear. Laurie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think yours is prettier than the one she made in the class last night! (I'm not a big fan of crepe paper ruffles!)

    Her instructions sort of got lost within the commentary that she had to make during the class. But just having the photo of the finished project was enough to figure out how to do this IMHO.

    Maybe they'll post written instructions for their next class project.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you lguild! I also got lost, but thankfully I could catch the repeats on sizes in the discussion thread - Ha! I hope they post instructions for the next class.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your feedback! Thank you for sharing :)