Saturday, October 2, 2010

Explosion Box Birthday Card with Tealight Candle

Here is the Explosion Box Birthday Card I made my co-worker for her birthday.



To make it you need a 7 1/2 x 7 1/2 piece of paper scored at 2 1/2 and 5" on both the width and the length.
Then you cut out the corners and fold it up.

For the top you need a 5 1/4 x 5 1/4 piece of paper scored at 1 2/8 and 3 7/8 on both the width and length.  Instead of cutting the corners you need to fold them in at a diagonal and glue them down.  There are plenty of tutorials on the Internet on explosion boxes, so I only attempted to explain the sizes as they differ depending on what you are exploding!

5 comments:

  1. I love your box, they are so nice to give to friends that appreciate the work that has gone into them. Can I ask a question? I really like the t shirt you have done, as I am in the uk and we sometimes name things differently, can you tell me if freezer paper is the same as greaseproof paper, also what paint did you use?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't have any idea what greaseproof paper is, but freezer paper has a paperside and a waxy side. If greaseproof paper is the same way you could always try it out.

    The paint I used it called Simply Screen by the manufacturer called Plaid. They sell these in small bottles in the t-shirt section of my craft store.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love your exploding box, it's so sweet and such a lovely way to mark someone's birthday with a small token. You have really inspired me to try this out. Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your feedback! Thank you for sharing :)