Wednesday, August 22, 2012

All White Party

I recently hosted an all white party at my house.  The guest of honor had no idea about the party, and was consequently shocked by this surprise!  Here are a few photos of the decorations that I worked on this week.

The tissue paper balls were created by placing 8 sheets of tissue paper on top of each other. Then folding them accordion style, tying the middle with wire, rounding the corners, and then peeling back each layer.

I made the banner using my Cameo Silhouette and a .99 cent banner set cut file.

The paper lanterns were made with my Martha Stewart lantern cutting tool.  That tool makes it easy to produce lanterns really fast. I stapled the ends and added the butterflies.

The butterflies were images that I traced with the Silhouette Design America software. Then I cut them out and placed them on each lantern with a glue dot.

I welded the numbers 4 and 0 to make 40 and threaded them with gray ribbon to make the banner.

I spent most of my afternoons this week gearing up for this party. In the end, seeing the expression on the birthday girl's face was priceless.