Sunday, August 19, 2012

Altered Composition Book - Prayer Journal

This is the first prayer journal that I've made and I'm thrilled with how it turned out.  It took me all day since I was learning the techniques as I went, had to visit Joanns and Hobby Lobby to get supplies, plus I had laundry to do, bathrooms to clean, and kids to feed.  I think I must have watched 2 hours of videos trying to figure out everything I need to know.  But now that I know how....the next one will be a breeze.



Supplies:

  • 12 x 12 paper
  • Tissue Paper
  • Old Dictionary
  • Chip board letters
  • Mod Podge
  • Glimmer Mist
  • Going Places Cricut cartridge for the arrows
  • Art Philosophy for the tag
  • Tim Holtz stamps, Ornate Plate, Foliage, 
  • Ranger Rock Candy
  • Distressed Stickles
  • Dollar Spot alphabet stamps
  • Memento brown ink
  • Bakers Twine
Simple Steps
  1. Adhere the base card stock using tape
  2. Create hand made embellishments (I used rock candy on the tag) and alter the tissue paper
  3. Mod Podge embellishments and tissue to the base cardstock
  4. Cover entire surface with Mod Podge
  5. Punch holes for the button
  6. Use wire to secure the button and secure the wire on the inside of the notebook
  7. Add Distressed Stickles
It's an easy project, but very time consuming.  I think if I made the embellishments in advance - the assembly would have gone faster. 

I love this journal!  I even put my name on it so I won't be tempted to give it away - bwahahahahaha!