Tuesday, September 27, 2011

7 Days of Craft Fair - Day 3 - To Go Coffee Cups

I think these cups would go really well at a craft fair in Tucson. Yes - I did get my engineering degree from the University of Arizona - Go Wild Cats!

These coffee cups can be found at your local Dollar Tree. Embellish them with vinyl and you're all set for your craft show. Be sure to put hand wash only on the note you put on the inside - that way the vinyl will stay on for a long time.

I used Old West Cricut cartridge and vinyl to complete this coffee cup. I used my gypsy to weld the Bear Down shadow and cut the letters out at 1" (The welded shadow is 2" top to bottom). Then I applied the vinyl using transfer tape. Of course you don't need to do that - I just prefer to use it.

You can buy vinyl on Amazon here.  It's about .50 per 6"x12" sheet, and you can make a lot of coffee mugs for cheap this way!

Today's Craft Fair Tip: Items that represent a local college or highschool will grab the attention of the locals who are shopping. Unique items that they can't buy in the store will most likely sell well!