Friday, September 30, 2011

7 Days of Craft Fair - Day 6 - Post-it Note Holder

Post-it note holders sell pretty well at the craft fairs. Mostly because they're functional, inexpensive, and everyone uses post-its.  The link for instructions is at the bottom of this post.
I used the Paisley Cricut cartridge to cut the cute cat out. She's a princess!

 I used Scor-tape to adhere the post it note to the inside of the book.

The pen was left over from my last post-it note holder.
You can buy the mini pens for a little over $1 each here.
However, if I were selling these, I'd purchase golf pencils. You can get them here for less than .07 each. When shoppers consider this item, they'll purchase it because of the note pad and attached writing utencil. While they'll prefer a pen in most cases, I don't think they'll want to pay another $1 more for it. Thus, I think pencils will suffice for this item.

Today's Craft Fair Tip - Balance saving money with qualify and presentation. The goal is to secure a fair profit margin. Not only are you seeking to sell your item for more than it cost to make, you want to be compensated for your time. Be sure to factor that in as well.

Here is the tutorial that shows how to make it step by step.