Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Please Don't Send My Kid Home Alone...

I am extremely blessed to be able to hold a job and still "somewhat" manage my household. The bummer part is that I live about 1 hour from my job. Luckily, I work at home some days and other days I can leave early to be home for them when they get home from school. There's only day that I send them to after school care, and it's been consistent for years! Imagine my horror when I received a call from the school telling me they accidentally sent my 2nd grader home on the bus.  My heart dropped and I began frantically gathering my things to make the drive home. I also whipped out the cell phone and started the call list. You see, I live in Arizona and in a very busy neighborhood. So...combine one adorable small kid with 114 degrees and many strangers and what do you get?  A very freaked out mom - that's what you get!

Luckily, my son was smart enough to get to a neighbor's house, who called the school because she knew he wasn't where he was supposed to be.  There's a plus for being friendly with your neighbors you know! She drove him back to school where he was promptly whisked away to daycare.  The teacher apologized. I told her that God always has protected this little boy (who was born 2 lbs 6.4 oz, 11 weeks in the NICU, and surgery to boot).

Well... to avoid this crazy situation, I whipped out my Cricut and created this "gentle" reminder. Ok...it's not that gentle - it's actually 4" in diameter. It's huge on his bag.  Here's his new button that he wears on early release day now.  I hope you like my solution to this very crazy situation.  I probably went overboard, but I really don't care! 


The Cricut Cartridges I used to make this include:
Going Places for the sign
Doodle Charms for the bus
Everyday Paper Dolls for the face
Peachy Keen Stamp for the face

I did laminate it, but I took the picture before the lamination because I'm not good with camera glare!
I shared my creation on the school blog hop with MyPinkStamper this month.